About Great Lake Taupo
Located just a 2 minute stroll to the shores of Lake Taupo, the ASURE PRINCE motor lodge is only a 3 minutes walk to the central Taupo business district, shops, restaurants & bars.
The famous Hole in One Golf, Mini Putt and Big Sky Parasailing are located at the end of the street, so it is worth paying these a visit while staying with us.
Taupo is a fantastic location offering breath-taking scenery, and featuring the Southern Hemisphere's largest lake, which offers some of the world’s best trout fishing. At the end of the lake it is hard to miss the three mountains which make up the Tongariro National Park... Mt Ruapehu, Mt Tongariro & Mt Ngarahoe. Hike the Tongariro crossing during Summer or ski one of the two field on Mt Ruapehu in Winter.
Take part in one of the many tourist activities and truly experience what the beautiful Lake Taupo region has to offer:
- Experience the thrill of riding the rapids with Rapids Jet
- Try your hand at trout fishing on board Stratus
- Looking for adrenaline? Try Taupo Bungy or Taupo Tandem Skydiving
- Relax in the thermal waters of Taupo Hot Springs
- Visit the beautiful geo-thermal valleys of Orakei Korako and Wai-O-Tapu
For further information on the area and upcoming events check out Destination Lake Taupo's website.
Your host's - Ron, Mairi and Rachel - will be delighted to recommend and book any local activities for you.